This organization provides services for individuals and families at risk of or experiencing homelessness. This organization participates in the South Carolina Homeless Management Information System (SC HMIS) and/or the four Continuums of Care’s Coordinated Entry System (CES).
The SC HMIS is used to collect basic information about clients receiving services from this organization. This requirement was enacted to get a more accurate count of individuals and families experiencing homelessness, and to identify the need for different services.
The SC CoC’s CES is used to connect individuals and families at risk of or experiencing homelessness to the services they need.
This organization only collects information that is considered appropriate and necessary. The collection and use of all personal information are guided by strict standards of privacy and security.
This organization may use or disclose information from the SC HMIS and / or the SC CoC’s CES under the following circumstances:
- To provide or coordinate services for an individual or household;
- For functions related to payment or reimbursement for services;
- To carry out administrative functions;
- When required by law;
- For research and / or evaluation; or
- For creating deidentified data.
Uses, Risks, & Protections
- Information you provide to this organization will be entered into the HMIS and shared with partner organizations unless you opt-out.
- You will receive the same services, whether you allow your personal information to be entered in the HMIS and shared with partner organizations or not.
- Your personal information that is in the HMIS will not be shared with any other people or organizations outside of HMIS unless you say it can be.
- Your personal information that is in the HMIS will not be shared with any other government organizations except as required by law.
- Personally Identifying Information (PII), such as names, birthdays, and social security numbers, will be available to partner organizations in the HMIS for seven years.
- Although careful measures are taken to protect the personal information entered in the HMIS, it may be possible that a person could access your information and use the information to locate you, commit identity theft, or learn about sensitive personal information entered in the HMIS.
- Your data is protected by legal agreements signed by Users of the HMIS and by electronic encryption of your personal information.
Your Rights & Choices
- You have the right to refuse to provide personal information, or to stop this organization from entering and sharing your personal information into the HMIS.
- You have the right to change your mind about allowing this organization to enter and share your information into HMIS. You must notify this organization in writing if you change your mind.